Monday, January 4, 2010

my musical autobiography

I was born in 1978, so I gew up in the age of Michael Jackson's glory days, his best times. These were the days before he was accused of any wrong doings, before anyone had any ill thoughts about him. These were the days when EVERYONE loved him. He was everywhere in my life. I had posters, shirts, folders for school, the works. I listened to him night and day. I watched all his concerts on TV, even wished I could have been at them. I always had his new albums. In high school, we did a marching band show one year which included the song "Heal the World". I was ecstatic. I have seen all his movies. I've seen all his videos. One might even think I was obsessed. Well, I did too, lol until....I realized after his death, that there was a vast majority that I did not know about Michael Jackson. Of course, I knew he was in Jackson Five before he became a solo act, but I realized I had never paid that much attention to the group. I recently went back and started listening to them. I love them just as much as I loved Michael by himself. I never knew they had so many songs. I never knew he had so many brothers and sisters. I just thought he had Janet, Latoya, Tito, and Jermaine, these were the only ones I had heard of. Boy, was I wrong. His entire family has changed the way the world, as well as myself, see music. They helped in the time that African Americans were starting to be able to sing on their own without being backup singers. He helped in the eighties and nineties by just making some incredible music. His songs are heartfelt and he loved every minute of his fame. He was an incredibly talented man and no matter what anyone else says, will always in my eyes, be the KING OF POP.

4 comments:

  1. Wow--first time I've read an autobiography that was all about Michael Jackson! Did you know that he was rather instrumental in the desegregation of MTV? And have you seen "The Wiz?" It's really great fun! Oh, and I "ABC"!

    Do be sure to proofread your blog before you hit "post." I think that first sentence needs the word "grew," no "gew"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, and yes I've seen "The Wiz" of course lol i did not know that about MTV though. good to know

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very neat! Micheal Jackson made great music. He was very different, which made him unique. I love the video "Thriller" because I know all of the dance moves! (Like really, I do.) And I use to be terrfied of the video when I was a young one. The first time I watched the video it was on Halloween. And my brother, papa and cousin had the nerve to scare me with these hideous masks! Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be scared of it too LOL

    ReplyDelete